Re: [TenTec] Omni VI v. Orion

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni VI v. Orion
From: Ken Brown <ken.d.brown@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 06:46:32 -1000
Maybe he is thinking of a Paragon. Paragons cannot be used for DXing since their frequency readout uses only one color. I have worked plenty of DX with my Omni VI, which uses two different colors of seven segment LED numerals in the readout. It does not have a spectrum scope though. That may be a requirement for a "serious DXer" these days, although plenty of DX was worked in the past without them.

Ken N6KB

Tony Martin W4FOA wrote:

Dang!  For the past 10 years I've been thinking it was a great DX chasing
radio.
I hate it when someone "busts my bubble", hi.
(sign me "Need only VU4 and VU7)
Tony, W4FOA

It partly depends on what kind of cw operating you want to do.  In other
words, if you simply like to ragchew, the Omni is probably all you need.

Rob/K5UJ