[TenTec] Returning to Original Call

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Returning to Original Call
From: "Jim Reid" <jimr.reid@verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2004 13:13:20 -1000
Other day,  Ron wrote:

>  There's something about original calls that appeals to me <g>...

Yes,  I have just sent in my application/fee to go back to my
first call from 1950!  W6KPI.  So,  whenever, my present call
of KH7M will go back into the available pool.  Back in '96
when the vanity program opened,  I thought I had to have a
2x1 call,  so got it.  But hasn't been such a big deal,  so back
to the origianl.

No matter that the original was a California call and I now live here
in Hawaii.  My old suffix,  KPI will be fine out here:

W6 Kauai Paradise Island,  hi.

About half the time on CW,  I still try to send W6KPI anyway;
that's the only mode I worked for many years from 1950.

73,  Jim  KH7M for however many weeks/months it takes now
for the FCC to process through the stack of applications.