Re: [TenTec] Orion Light Humor

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion Light Humor
From: Martin Ewing <martin@aa6e.net>
Date: Sat, 04 Sep 2004 00:38:19 -0400
Probably the same reason they "painted" the Mic / PH / CW jack titles black -- on black. And the "A" and "B" VFO titles, too. Not to mention "POWER" and "ALC". Saves a couple of pennies.

You have to shine a magic decoding light from the side in order to see them. In the software world, we'd call them Easter eggs.

-Martin AA6E

Paul W. Gallier wrote:

...One thing my Orion does not have -- that little ball between the "Ten" and "Tec" does not have a red dot on it like all the rest of my TT rigs had. Anybody know why TenTec changed that on the Orion?...