Re: [TenTec] Orion prize?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion prize?
From: "David W LeJeune, Sr" <lejeuned@centurytel.net>
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2004 17:07:59 -0500
I have the Jupiter and the OMNI VI+.  The Jup is a great little transceiver,
and I really like the filtering, but for weak signal performance overall,
hard to beat the OMNI VI+.  Haven't been able to convince myself (much less
the XYL) that I need the Orion, although I'd dearly love one.  I bought the
Jupiter to play around with the software controlled stuff.  Did that, got
some interesting results, but nothing that could compare with Carl's
program, so left that and now just enjoy rag chewing on SSB on the Jupiter,
digital modes on the OMNI VI+.

Dave K5WNV