[TenTec] new orion/writelog

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] new orion/writelog
From: "skip" <k3cc@fast.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 16:17:31 -0400
Ok now that I have your attention, has anyone used the Orion with
writelog/N4PY software ?????

I'm building a new computer with Azsus mother board@3.2Gig/800mhz FSB and
1gig or memory also 10 serial comports using XP Pro for an OS. This will run
the rotors, rigs and support for my shack.

Orion Display:  it has settled down.  I let the rig on over night and the
display has been find ever since.  It seems that it is now a little bluer in
color and not as harsh to view.

2:  I live in a very rural area and cannot have long download via the
phoneline.  I get disconnected.  That's why I couldn't get the manual before
buying the Radio.

3:  With a little tweaking the Orion could be a World Class radio.  I'll get
back to this later.

4: connectors,  I have a good stock on older Collins and drake mic
connectors along with single pin and 2 pin mic connectors.

5:  Do the Orion/TT people have a net to discuss their radios????

tnx  de Skip                  K3CC