Re:[TenTec] OMNI V Low Output With Certain Antennas Question

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re:[TenTec] OMNI V Low Output With Certain Antennas Question
From: "Vic Klein" <vhklein@ptd.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 12:59:42 -0400
Many wattmeters display what appears to be the sum of forward and reflected
power amounts, so they read high with any reflected power at all. Also, in
doing some comparisons here I rarely get much agreement on SWR reported from
different meters hooked to the same antenna system. I have taken to
interpreting them liberally as "little", "some", or "a lot" of SWR and
forgetting the displayed amount.

However, that being said, the difference between 80 and 100 watts is less
than 1 dB or smaller than 1/6 of one S-unit. Not to be fretted over.

=Vic=
WA4THR

> I am at the end of my rope.
> Can't seem to find an explanation for why I can only get 80 watts output
on
> 10 and 20 meters with my OMNI V when on a Butternut HF6V-X and my
Butternut