[TenTec] Ten Tec hf travel problems

To: "tentec@contesting.com" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Ten Tec hf travel problems
From: John Farler <jfarler@peoplepc.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2004 17:05:50 -0400
For those of you coming to the Ten Tec
hamfest from the east via Asheville and
Interstate 40 (better known to those familar with it as the I-40 Parking
Lot during good times), be advised that it is closed near the NC/TN line
and you can take the detour shown below or the scenic route through
Cherokee NC and two lane US 441 over the Smokies (pack a lunch).
Check the info at the NC DOT site below.

http://apps.dot.state.nc.us/tims/

The detour mentionned using the new (scenic and fast)
I-26 north (marked as West) out of Asheville is an excellent
highway and ties in with I-81 between Johnson City and Kingsport, TN.

Be careful at the interchange in Asheville, because it is poorly marked,
and if you watch for US 23 North exit toward Johnson City, TN, you may
find it easier, since the two roads are the same.  (The new interchange
for I-26 in this direction has not been built, and the route may be
marked as "Future I-26 West.")  Good luck......

Another long, crooked, somewhat scenic alternative is old US 25 out of Asheville to
Newport, TN. then onto I-40 toward Sevierville. Bring lunch and dinner.

Some other alternatives are available, of course, by avoiding Asheville
altogether....just wanted to give a heads up if it's your usual route.

73, John, K4AVX

Message: 3