Re: [TenTec] rcvr/no audio

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] rcvr/no audio
From: Steve Weber <kd9bo@mac.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 10:48:46 -0500

Sniff...?,,,Sniff...?...

Do I smell a troll?

<<<It would have been wonderful if the Orion had been released with everything
perfect about 18 months ago. However, it is getting better with each update,
and I hope eventually your Orion will work the way you would like it to. For
my style of operating, the Orion is already working just fine.   I have no
complaints at this time.

I believe Ten- Tec is committed to making this rig the best it can
be......and in time, I think they will reach their goal!>>>

It sounds like someone paid $3300 to be a beta tester. Hope you are having a good time.

Meanwhile, i see the group is gearing up to start bashing the FT9000 series. Allow me to save the time of list members by telling you what's next so you can safely delete these messages:

Part 1: A gazillion emails from those with an Orion inferiority complex desperately grasping at anything in an ad or rumor, real or imagined, that they can harp on so that they may feel good about owning an Orion receiver, oops forgot it has a transmitter and sub receiver, i guess because this never seems to get glorified.

Part 2: Finding the FT-9000 reflector, signing up and bashing it over there.

Part 3: New Orion software version, no. 856.

Part 4: Ten Tec Made in America, 30 day return policy, great service, keep doing those master resets.

Part 5: New Orion software version, no. 989. No. 988 was better some say.

Part 6: Reviews come out--endless scrutiny and pathological obsessive compulsive analysis of specs with protracted discussion of whether or not a db difference in this or that matters.

Part 7: A single poor review of a FT9000 appears on eham. Glee and discussion ad nausea of that.

Part 8: New Orion software version, no. 1122. Amp keying loop won't work now, but you don't need an amp anyway.

Part 9: Ten Tec Made in America, 30 day return policy, great service redux.

Interspersed in this will be posts from people having Orion problems such as the guy who looses his rx after a few hours of operation. No one will observe that these sorts of problems do not seem to happen with the FT9000.

Part 10: New Orion software version released, no. 1,254. Debate due to some folks claiming the 1,253rd release was better because now they can't transmit. Others claim you don't really need to transmit anyway and why are you trying to break your Orion?

Part 11: Kenwood announces the TS1050, 400 watts, dc to daylight, everything you could ever dream of in a single box for $15,000. Cycle repeats ("I could buy FIVE Orions for that thing.")

rob/k5uj

73 de Steve Weber, KD9BO
--
An infinite number of rednecks
in an infinite number of pickup trucks

...in Braille.

*******************************

Hey spammers - Harvesting email addresses? Don't overlook these guys!

FCC Chairman Michael K. Powell: mpowell@fcc.gov
FCC Commissioner Kathleen Q. Abernathy: kabernat@fcc.gov
FCC Commissioner Michael J. Copps: mcopps@fcc.gov
FCC Commissioner Kevin J. Martin: kjmweb@fcc.gov