Re: [TenTec] Newbie to group and all +++ for open sourcing theJupiter fi

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Newbie to group and all +++ for open sourcing theJupiter firmware
From: Duane Grotophorst <n9dg@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 17:59:57 -0700 (PDT)
--- Larry Robison <robison@buckeye-express.com> wrote:

> Anyway, nice reflector! Good to be in the company of
> some forward looking guys.

If you hang around here long enough you notice that
there are some not so "forward looking" guys too.
That's fine, it gives this reflector a wide dynamic
range, the futuristic thinkers (like me) can always
learn something from the past past and fold it into
what we propose for the future without becoming bogged
down by "this is the way it used to be" style of
thinking. It's fine to live and learn from history,
but don't try to continually relive it every day and
systematically exclude all new ideas.

The only thing that gets a bit tedious at times are
the lengthy excursions into various antenna matters.
But I've long ago attributed that to both the Ten Tec
and Tower Talk reflectors being both abbreviated with
"TT" :).

This is by far the most fun brand specific discussion
group, most of the others except maybe the Elecraft
group are all pretty dry and boring. Not much spirited
debate ever goes on many of those, just a lot of quiet
brand loyalty. Here it seems if somebody doesn't like
something about a TT radio no mater how big or small
it is you'll know about it in short order, not so with
the other brands. As a result this group provides much
more useful information than those others do.

Duane
N9DG