RE: [TenTec] Re Please tell me about the TT Omni VI+

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [TenTec] Re Please tell me about the TT Omni VI+
From: "Rick and Karen Bunn" <RRBunn@cox.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 19:16:59 -0400
Just to jump in.  I had a Kenwood TS-430 and I was able to make it's
receiver perform better the spec by cleaning up the receiver board.  I had
no idea how GOOD a radio my Paragon II was until I got it on the same
antenna as the Kenwood and the Collins KWM-2A.  The Paragon pulls the weak
DX out and makes it sound like local traffic.  I now have the Paragon II, a
Corsair II and the KWM-2A, but the TS-430S no longer made the grade.

The Omni VI is by spec and by reports a better receiver then either of my
two older Ten Tecs.  I'm very happy with my Ten Tecs and I'm an electrical
engineer.  Don't need the Japanese bells and whistles.  With Ten Tec I get
what I need to chase DX on SSB.

Some one on the list wanted to trade an Orion for a Collins S-Line and as
much as I like the old Collins, I would gladly make the trade.  Might even
consider it for an Omni VI station.

I don't think you can go wrong with the Omni VI, most who own them would not
part with them unless they were going to the next newer Ten Tec radio.

I read the reflector and see a lot of so called problems, but I'm betting
that most Orion and Omni users would not trade there equipment for any of
the Japanese equivalents.

73 Rick (converted to Ten Tec / native of Tennessee) N4ASX