Re: [TenTec] : SUB-RX: TEN TEC - ORION

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] : SUB-RX: TEN TEC - ORION
From: "Carl Moreschi" <n4py@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2004 13:46:00 -0400
It sounds like the antenna is not connected to the sub-receiver.  Assuming
you only have one antenna connected to the Orion in the "Antenna 1"
connector, make sure the Orion front panel on the left side has BOTH "Main
RX/TX" and "SUB RX" buttons turned on next to the "ANT 1" indiciator.  If
this is the case, then your Orion has a hardware bug.  Check the small
RG-174 coax connectors inside the Orion that go to the sub-receiver input.

I find no improvement using the 1.8 roofing filter.  I do not recommend it.

Carl Moreschi N4PY
Franklinton, NC