Re: [TenTec] Delta 580 questions

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Delta 580 questions
From: "Mike Hyder -N4NT-" <mike_n4nt@charter.net>
Date: Sat, 9 Oct 2004 17:47:03 -0400
Hi, Jason--

Best guesses:

The tone you hear is the display counter circuitry.  Usually any signal
coming in the antenna lead will be stronger than this.  It is intermittent
because it switches on and off as the display updates.

Your description of the sound of the audio and the funky AGC sounds like a
dirty Notch filter pot.

I don't know if the audio CW filter came stock with the 580 Delta, but in my
two that is all I use except in horrible conditions.  I'm a fan of the
Ten-Tec filters.  Their 500 Hz filter for the 6.3 MHz IF is a good filter
for use in the 580 Delta.

73, Mike N4NT