Re: [TenTec] Disolving pto grease

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Disolving pto grease
From: "Steve N4LQ" <n4lq@iglou.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 18:59:20 -0400
To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Sent: Wednesday, October 13, 2004 6:58 PM

Since WD 40 is a water displacement liquid and not a lubricant nor true
solvent, it is not best for grease removal.

There are electronic solvents that are plastic safe, most in aerosol cans.
Try one of them.
Check the products of Caig, or Sprayon-Hi Tech, or the chemicals sections of
on line electronics distributor catalogs if you do not have a local stocking
distributor. Check out Mouser, Allied, etc.

GL,
Stuart
K5KVH