Re: [TenTec]$25? Disolving pto grease

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec]$25? Disolving pto grease
From: Tim Long <tlong2@nycap.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2004 22:32:29 -0400
Steve,
You are right. Just checked the receipt - PTO rebuilding kits are $25 each plus shipping. I also recall that TT's labor to do the job was about another $75 and since I had rebuilt 2 barrel carbeurators that I was up to the task. BTW - the kit includes an envelope of grease - it's blue and appears to be synthetic.
73, Tim, W2UI

Steve N4LQ wrote:

Is that $25 for rebuiding a PTO in or out of the radio? I know the rebuilding kit is about $25 but I thought if you send the rig to the factor it was closer to $100 for a rebuild job and less if you send just the PTO.
Steve N4LQ