RE: [TenTec] Jupe+n4py+mixw2

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: RE: [TenTec] Jupe+n4py+mixw2
From: designer <designer@quickdata.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2004 10:10:48 -0700
About sound card issues - only one application at a time can use the sound card. You can put in a second sound card or check out WaveClone - also via DXSoft. WaveClone make a Virtual Sound card for every running application that asks for one. So your one sound card is shared among several applications running at once. Do follow the recommendations and try the demo first. HOWVER - note that after 3 minutes the demo purposely misbehaves. Forgetting that caused a bit of grief as I was trying to track down sound problems which were my own (demo) doing.

I didn't buy the real WaveClone because I'm out of work - though it is only $20 or so. but if you want to run multiple sound card Apps - compare various PSK or CW translation software for example - it's a way to do it.

73,
Paul