Re: [TenTec] Question regarding Omni VI+ on SSB

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Question regarding Omni VI+ on SSB
From: Jason Buchanan <jsb@digistar.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2004 13:29:34 -0500
Jeff Frank wrote:

Thanks to all you guys who responded to my query about the best mic setup
for the Omni 6 --- one more thing --- the Tentec mic is amplified (because
it uses a battery) --- does that mean I should try and use some kind of
amplification ahead of the radio if I want to try a Heil element or a D104
or a Shure 444? (I have all three mics). By the way, Happy Thanksgiving to
All.

The Omni will provide power for the mike - I have the old 700 hand mike and no battery in it - works great.