[TenTec] Jupiter display noise?

To: TenTec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Jupiter display noise?
From: Bill Fulling <w4njf@email.midflorida.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2004 08:42:38 -0500
Howdy,
Recently my 3 yr old Jupe has developed an annoying rapid motorboating noise in the background audio.This noise starts at 18mhz and seems to peak at 21.357mhz.At first I thought it was external to the set,but it occurs in dummy load also.Depressing the menu button eliminates it completly and it can be made to occur while in menu by moving the tuning knob to highlite the menu items.The speed of this noise varies directly with knob speed.Returning to normal operation reinitiates the noise(sort of like "running rabbits"on a radar screen.)Anybody have any ideas what's causing this?
73 de Bill W4NJF