Re: [TenTec] OUT OF HAM BAND MODIFICATION

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] OUT OF HAM BAND MODIFICATION
From: Mark Erbaugh <mark@microenh.com>
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2004 13:16:00 -0500
On Tue, 2004-12-07 at 23:48, jerome schatten wrote:
> And I would ask as well if anyone has an inkling about a general Tx mod for
> the Jupiter.  All I need is enough RF to tickle an swr bridge for antenna
> projects, and to use it as an RF sig gen.  I know this is a firmware
> possibility as every once in a while, when I get enough stray RF into the
> Jupe, it hangs and comes back in the mode where it can Tx anywhere in it's
> receive range.  Now how to make it do that on command?

I believe TenTec has a firmware update for MARS operation. You might
check with them.

When operating in Pegasus mode with computer control, there is a
software command you can send to allow out of ham band operation.

#5<cr>  enable transmit outside of ham bands
#4<cr>  disable

<cr> is an ASCII carriage return.

Consult the Pegasus Programmer's Reference Guide (PRG) available from
rfsquared.com.  Note, that under the transmitter controls listing (on
page 24), these commands are missing.

73,
Mark