Re: [TenTec] Orion

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion
From: "Tommy" <aldermant@alltel.net>
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2004 17:46:05 -0500
Hmmmm....this is a strange sounding post to the reflector....just seems to me like I've heard this very same thread back in the spring or maybe even before that.

Eric, you are correct, unfortunately. As previously noted by some 'do gooder', I have been often chastised by the Ten Tec loyalist for having the audacity to complain about the Orion in the same manner that you are now doing. But I hope you don't let the 'do gooder's' bother you. What you are saying and observing with your Orion is the absolute truth.

With the Orion, you have one of the best hardware designs available to us hams, but you also have the absolute worst firmware support possible. There is no excuse for having to wait two or three or four months for a firmware update which contains even more bugs. But you got it!

Tom - W4BQF

----- Original Message ----- From: "Eric SENSI" <eric.sensi@skynet.be>