[TenTec] Orion rf gain control glitch

To: bobc@delta.whitemesa.com, tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Orion rf gain control glitch
From: N0KHQ@aol.com
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2004 20:50:57 EST
Bob and Group,

I generally don't get  involved with discussions on this group........but
sometimes I feel that I  must.

The only issue with the RF Gain is with the "Sub RX" and Ten-Tec  has been
notified. When the "Sub RX" is engaged and the "Sub RF Gain" is  adjusted below
"32" there is absolutely no received audio no matter how high you  turn up the
"Sub SF".

And as far as the loss of receive audio while turn  the "BW" through the
different roofing filters, it aint happening here. I've  cranked on my "BW"
trying
to duplicate this issue until the "BW" encoder felt  warm to the touch.

One thing that I might suggest is to perform the  following:
1. Turn the Orion "Off"
2. Push the VFO "B" "LCK" in while  powering the Orion back on. keep the but
LCK  button      held in. This will clear the "Ram".
3.  Then do a Master Reset.
4. Reload Ver. 1.372
5. Do another Master  Reset.

Check the operation of the Orion.

My Orion is working  perfectly except for a couple of non-issue items that
have been emailed to  engineering at TT.

Have Fun and Enjoy.

John / N0KHQ / St.  Louis
(The Bugcatcher)