Re: [TenTec] work in progress

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] work in progress
From: DennisKT5D@aol.com
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 22:35:12 EST
choose and I choose Ten Tec. I could tell you about the side by side tests, the
servicing differences, the reliability issues, etc. but I doubt that would
console you. Perhaps you got a lemon, perhaps there are other extenuating
circumstances you aren't even aware of (and this can and does happen, more
often
than you might think). The point is this; if Ten Tec is/had been producing
junk,
they won't/wouln't have stayed in business. As they are definitely still
around, they don't/aren't making junk. They also must move forward with new
technology, SDR, to remain competitive. All companies struggle with new
technology so
Ten Tec is no different there.
  Perhaps you need to reevaluate the root source of your problem and
determine if it is correctible, unless you are already so soured on the Orion
that
nothing anyone can say or do will change your mind. Regrettably, we all
eventually have a few bad experiences that bias us away from certain products
or firms.
Whether it is an isolated problem or an inherent design shortcoming will be
apparent in the long run.