Re: [TenTec] work in progress

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] work in progress
From: OTAKEBI@aol.com
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 23:13:43 EST
Well said Dennis.
I have also owned many rigs and I can tell you that Ten Tec is flat out one
of the best.
My Kenwoods, Icoms are gone but not my Ten Tecs.
They are by far the easiest radios I have ever worked on.
You can get to every board and you don't have to take out half the radio to
get to the trouble spot.
And, you can speak with a human, at Ten Tec, if you have a problem, and most
of the time the problem can be resolved on the phone.
The only other company that came close was Drake.
At one time you could call Bill Frost or Tom Holmes and they would take as
long as needed, on the phone, to help out looking for a part or helping with
repair.
A good company like Ten Tec or Drake would not go out and intentionally make
a bad product or neglect a costumers concerns.
I am still waiting for the perfect version of Windows but I am not going to
sell my computer while I wait.
Dan /N4VET