RE: [TenTec] Orion

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [TenTec] Orion
From: "Grant Youngman" <nq5t@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 09:46:17 -0600

> Since the problems are firmware related, then 100% of the
> Orions that are kept updated, have the problem. The fact that
> you have "NO"
> problems, speaks for itself.

Do we REALLY need to go through all of this again?

It's the same on every forum for any and every product (digital SLR's in the
same price range as an Orion, for example).  Only the best guys have
problems.  Constant arguments about over whether there is a NEW bug in the
latest firmware release, or why the vendor is so stupid, and always somebody
bragging that they're still on firmware 4 releases old, etc.  If you
publicly indicate that you don't see the "crosshair banded tubular
root-mean-square pixel wiggle" problem or whatever in YOUR shadow detail,
you're branded a twit or just too dense to see the truth.  Some people
ignore the whining and just go about their business producing beautiful
landscapes, or portraits, or whatever they like to do.

The parallels are just remarkable.

In the meantime, I'm enjoying BOTH my Orion and camera very much, thank you
:-)

Grant/NQ5T