Re: [TenTec]omni-d (genealogy)

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec]omni-d (genealogy)
From: Duane Grotophorst <n9dg@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2004 07:02:20 -0800 (PST)
Another radio to think about when pondering the Ten
Tec genealogy is the 580 Delta. It is rather unique in
that it did not use any 9MHz IF filters at all like
the 540/544, Omni's, Argosy's, Paragon and others. The
reason I bring this up is that the same 6Mhz IF
filters that were used for the 580 Delta later became
the second IF filters for the Corsair's, Omni V/VI's
and Paragon. So I have always thought of the Corsairs
and later analog-only IF Ten Tec models as being
somewhat of a homogenization of the original Omni
series and the 580 Delta, - for whatever that's worth.

Duane
N9DG