Re: [TenTec] Omni 6/425 Titan - Losing receive audio

To: "Jay Schwisow" <jay@kt5e.us>, <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni 6/425 Titan - Losing receive audio
From: "Tommy" <aldermant@alltel.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2004 19:42:59 -0500
Jay,

That does sound consistant with what used to happen with my Omni 6 and Titan 425, and it always turned out to be the vacuum relay. The failure would start out being stuck in the transmit position, giving me the impression the rcvr had a problem. I would normally lose a vacuum relay once a year (becaues I abused them pretty bad), until I located some used military 'pulls' of the RJ1A. My first mil-spec vacuum relay lasted over three years.

They look like they are very difficult to replace, but actually if you have some patience, the job is quite easy.

Good luck.

Tom - W4BQF

So you have enemies?
Good.
That means you have stood up for something,
sometime in your life.
Sir Winston Churchill

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jay Schwisow" <jay@kt5e.us>