RE: [TenTec] Argosy -- QSK control question

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [TenTec] Argosy -- QSK control question
From: "NJ0IP" <Rick@DJ0IP.de>
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2004 14:56:01 -0800
Hi Rick,

Well I keyed both my QRO Technologies HF-1000 and HF-2000 amps just fine,
but I used an home-brew keying box.  The keyer keys the keying box and the
box switches the linear to TX about 10 ms before it forwards the first dit
or dah to the Argosy.  The box also has an adjustable "QSK-Delay" (or
dropout delay if you prefer that term).  Both my amps have vacuum relays so
it work like a champ.

I have a full description of the keying box (as printed in the local German
radio mag in 1977) but it is in German, not in English.  The schematic is in
"universal" so that should be no problem.  By the way, it also keys amps
with T/R relays with high negative voltage (e.g., SB-200).

73
Rick
DJ0IP