Re: [TenTec] Contest Data and Conclusions

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Contest Data and Conclusions
From: "Tommy" <aldermant@alltel.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2004 08:04:01 -0500
And while your doing what Bill suggest with Yaesu, also pick up the phone and call Ten Tec and ask them about fixing the Orion firmware so their Titan 3 will work on the Orion's keying loop. The standard answer you get is "Gosh, we have never heard of that problem before...are you sure you have all three wires hooked up correct?"

Ten Tec's support for non-warranty products: "three to four weeks before we can look at it"...but of course at least they will eventually look at it!

Tom - W4BQF

"So you have enemies?
Good.
That means you have stood up for something,
sometime in your life."
--Sir Winston Churchill--

----- Original Message ----- > I feel they are there on both counts. The superiority of their
product has already been established by ARRL, RSGB, Sherwood,
W8JI and others.  The superiority of their support can be tested
by picking up a telephone and comparing their support to any of
the 3 majors.  Just try calling Yaesu to ask them if they will
fix your brand new MP's clicks for starters. ;-)

73, Bill W4ZV