Re: [TenTec] Centaur

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Centaur
From: joel hallas <jrhallas@optonline.net>
Date: Sat, 25 Dec 2004 18:11:56 -0500
Ron,

Great question, and I will be watching the answers closely too. I fried an 811A in my Centaur the other day and can see the bottom of the spare bin very clearly now!

The big question is, when I toss my last spare 811A, should I go with 572Bs or stick with 811As? The 572Bs that everyone liked from Svetlana don't seem to be available any more (source?) and I wonder if the Taylor 572Bs offered by RF Parts will be as good. Anyone have good luck with them in a Centaur?

Thanks for everyone's help!

73 & Merry Chistmas,
Joel Hallas, W1ZR

Ron Feutz wrote:

TT'ers,

I cooked a tube or tubes in my Centaur while tuning up. Any suggestions on the best place to get replacements, and the best replacements to get? For the price I suppose it makes sense to get a matched trio.

I see RF parts has quite a selection and the prices look reasonable.

73,

Ron KK9K