Re: [TenTec] Re: More PRO III/Omni VI pix

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Re: More PRO III/Omni VI pix
From: "Steve N4LQ" <n4lq@iglou.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Dec 2004 11:55:54 -0500
Barry
RF gain was at max on both rigs. AF gain is fixed, non-variable, on the low-level outputs of each rig. The PRO3 had it's preamps turned off.
The PRO3's output appears higher because of the extra noise generated by it's defunct DSP system. It does this with or without the NR turned on but the noise is more obvious with NR turned on.

Steve N4LQ
----- Original Message ----- From: "Barry N1EU" <n1eu@netscape.net>