RE: [TenTec] keying loops

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [TenTec] keying loops
From: "Grant Youngman" <nq5t@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2004 12:52:33 -0600
Well, that's certainly interesting.  And thanks (to everyone) for the info.

It always seemed like either (1) the amp would for some reason stop
responding with TxEN or (2) the Orion was either missing the handshake or
getting thoroughly cumboozled and ignoring it -- thus wouldn't go into
transmit.  Sounds like the latter, but it's curious that enabling the 2nd
loop (even without anything connected apparently) may solve the problem.

If that is a solution, hopefully it will lead T-T down the path to diagnose
and fix whatever conditions are cause things to misbehave in the first
place.

Curiouser and curiouser .. :-)

Grant/NQ5T