[TenTec] Frequency accuracy...

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Frequency accuracy...
From: Bill Tippett <btippett@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2004 11:05:36 -0500
AA6E wrote:
>A different method.  Listen on 10 MHz in CW mode and
press "spot".  You can easily hear the beat between
your spot tone and the WWV carrier to +/- 1 Hz.  Right
now, I get 9.999973 MHz, meaning that my TCXO must be
2.7 ppm high.

        Same method I use.  From a COLD start (shack temp
~60 degrees F), my unit went from 9.999967 to 9.999975
in about 30 minutes, then back to 9.99967 after 2.5 hours.
That's a total deviation of 8 Hz, which is well within
TT's +/- 3 ppm stability spec which is +/- 30 Hz at 10 MHz.
My unit is 16 months old and has never been touched since
it left the factory.  Unlikely I will recalibrate since
the absolute 33 Hz offset is not worth the bother to me.
Also, note that TT does not specify frequency accuracy,
only frequency stability.

73, Bill W4ZV