Re: [TenTec] Pittsburgh Christmas Carol

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Pittsburgh Christmas Carol
From: "Ron Notarius" <wn3vaw@verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2004 17:38:40 -0500
The last time I drove "home" to visit my dad for Father's Day before his
passing (home is NNJ, but the folks were in SNJ by then, but that's another
story), we went out to dinner in Flemington NJ (which is about, oh, 10-15
miles from the Delaware River, which is part of the state line between NJ &
PA).  Without thinking about where I was, I ordered an IC Light.  The
waitress looked at me funny, and said "What's an Icey Light?"

"An IC Light... an Iron City Lite?"
"Is that a beer, or should I ask the bartender how to make one?"

I settled for a Heineken.  (Which is a better choice anyway, but THAT's
another story...)

On the same line... one time when I drove my girlfriend home from Penn State
(her folks live in Greene County in the SW corner of PA), we stopped at a
Howard Johnson's at I-70 & the Pa Turnpike.  We went in, she ordered
something.  I told the waitress "I just want a soda, what do you have?"
"Chocolate, Vanilla, or Strawberry."
"Huh?"
<girlfriend>  "He's from New Jersey.  He means a Pop."

I could go on, but I've digressed enough for one night...