Re: [TenTec] signal on 28.634

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] signal on 28.634
From: Byron J Watts <bjw@byron.com>
Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2005 13:17:43 -0600
Well, the boys over on the Heathkit reflector seem to think it is indeed a satelite. Someone said that it's a GPS spur.... stupid swine satelite, they won't even let me put out a spur that loud... anyway thanks for all the responses!

73 de KC0NPF

SS409SS@aol.com wrote:

I've been hearing this on many a rig for over Ten Years, I am surprised noone has mentioned it anywhere sooner.. I figured it was some laboratory licensed by the FCC to conduct their testing on that frequency.. BTW I am now in NJ by the shore and heard it when I lived in NY as well..

  Pretty strong (as always) but its nothing new.. I always just tune right over
it as I have been for years.. Originally thought it was a birdie but soon
realized every rig cranked it out when I went there.. Since I used SSTV right
around that frequency its hard to miss... Regards,, Richy N2ZD