RE: [TenTec] omni 6 plus question

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [TenTec] omni 6 plus question
From: "NJ0IP" <Rick@DJ0IP.de>
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2005 20:58:46 -0800
Steve already answered part of this.
There is indeed a preamp and I don't recall its exact amplification but it's
probably 10dB.  As I recall, the preamp may be switched off.  If your rig
previously had the 250 Hz filter in it, it is probably still switched on.

As I recall, doing what you have done will work just fine for RX (once you
have turned the preamp off), but your TX signal is still going to go through
the standard 2.4 kHz filter.  That's why Steve's suggestion is a good idea,
at least for the filter which the TX uses.

73
Rick