RE: [TenTec] Adding the 2.8khz filters to Omni VI

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: RE: [TenTec] Adding the 2.8khz filters to Omni VI
From: n1eu@netscape.net (Barry N1EU)
Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2005 20:20:45 -0500
"Rick Williams" <rick.williams@telus.net> wrote:

>Not quite finished.  I believe that InRad suggests that it is advisable to
>null the carrier before the job is complete.

I believe Inrad includes instructions with the filter and it is probably also
in the Omni manual.  I did this about 5 years ago and it wasn't difficult.  I
can't remember if I used a general coverage receiver or an oscilloscope to do
it.

The other step, which you have to be careful with, is to tweak the carrier
oscillators to get the audio passband where you want.  The danger is that you
don't want to go too low since you risk messing with the opposite sideband
rejection.

Like I said, it was 5 years ago and I'm hazy on all this.

73,
Barry N1EU

Switch to Netscape Internet Service.

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.