[TenTec] Noisy RF Environment

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Noisy RF Environment
From: "Phil Chambley, Sr." <k4dpk@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2005 20:20:06 -0500
Pursuing Jerry's comment about noisy environs, several of the neighborhood kids
got these battery-powered motor scooters for Christmas.  The chargers are 24
volt switching supplies, and they are eating me alive.  The Paragon and Paragon
II noise blanking circuits will only start removing the hash long after audio
on SSB has been destroyed.  CW sounds like it's coming through DSP heterodyne
filters.

I know Riley would be on my side if it came to that, but how would you handle
it without having disharmony in the neighborhood?

Anyone have any experience with filtering these scooter chargers?  This stuff
is 10-15 dB over 9.

Phil C.
K4DPK
VFO Stabilizers and PEP adapters for wattmeters...Check out
http://home.comcast.net/~k4dpk