Re: [TenTec] Noisy RF Environment

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Noisy RF Environment
From: "Ron Notarius" <wn3vaw@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2005 21:28:37 -0500
Grin and bear it a few weeks until the kids get tired of their scooters?

Sorry to sound flip, but there's probably NO good way to handle this.  Most
parents do NOT want to hear that the Christmas toys that they or the
relatives spent good money on are allegedly malfunctioning -- but not in any
way that bothers THEM.  And odds are that even if you convince one or two,
you're not going to be able to convince them all -- or worse, when you knock
on the 2nd or 3rd door, when the first one finds out, they wonder "if the
problem was with MY kid's unit, how come he's knocking on SOMEONE ELSE'S
door?  must not have been mine!" and so on and so on.

Now, I don't know about your area, but I know that here in PA, some of these
powered scooters are technically illegally being driven on sidewalks and
streets without licenses (at least the gasoline powered ones, I don't know
about the battery ones).  Check your local laws... and then do as you see
fit... if you get my drift...