Re: [TenTec] 2.8khz and Carrier Balance???

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] 2.8khz and Carrier Balance???
From: "Steve N4LQ" <n4lq@iglou.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2005 19:41:45 -0500
To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Sent: Friday, January 07, 2005 11:01 AM
Subject: [TenTec] Adding 2.8 filters in Omni VI opt 3

I have had the Inrad 2.8 filters in my Omni VI for several years, both IF's. I think they're great. Plus the audio mod.

I just got my Omni VI back from S-ville having the TCXO unit installed and a realignment done. During that work I recieved an e-mail from Don at TT saying
they could not properly adjust the "carrier null" with the 2.8 filter in place, (9Mhz IF I believe), that I would have to have a 2.4 filter installed. Since I also have the Inrad 2.4 filters in both 2nd filter positions. Don just interchaged them and finished the job.

Just a comment, for what it's worth.
'73,
Harry

Harry N. Coates