Re: [TenTec] CQ Ohio

To: <aluscre@neo.rr.com>, <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] CQ Ohio
From: "Dave Edwards" <kd2e@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2005 21:25:10 -0500
Anthony....
Thanks for the reply!
I may find myself relocating from the Jersey Shore to work in Solon.
So, what I was trying to do is get a feel for the area that is
within...say.... a half hour, forty minutes or so of Solon.
Were it up to me, I'd be the scary guy in the lone house at the top of the
hill with the big antenna tower. But, senior management in the household
would prefer a residential neighborhood with soccer fields, cub scouts, home
depot's, 7-11's yada yada yada.
Can you give me a feel for things in that area?  I know I'll see more snow
then South Jersey, but is the whole area pretty much at the same altitude,
or can I find a favorable VHF/UHF location?
Are there local antenna restrictions?
My wife looked on the Century 21 website and found nice houses in Chardon
and Stow. Are these similar neighborhoods?
Can you compare the Cleveland suburbs to anywhere else you may have lived?
Thanks!
....Dave