Re: [TenTec] Omni VI confusion again

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni VI confusion again
From: "Steve N4LQ" <n4lq@iglou.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2005 16:41:27 -0500
Wow this is an oldie. The Omni VI was model 563. The Omni VI+ was model 564. Putting option 3 on a 563 makes it act just like a 564 but it is still a 563 with option 3 upgrade.
Pretend that the only difference between a Mustang and a Mustang GT is that the GT has a V8. Take the 6 banger out of the Mustang, slap in a V8 and you now have the same thing as a GT but it's still a Mustang with a V8. Is the GT better? No. Is the GT worth more? Yes. Why? Because it's a GT.
Now as for those Omni VI+ batteries. Leaving the power supply turned on has nothing to do with batteries lasting longer.

Steve N4LQ
----- Original Message ----- From: "Jim Lowman" <jmlowman@sbcglobal.net>