Re: [TenTec] New roofing filter in Omni VI- Opt. 1

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] New roofing filter in Omni VI- Opt. 1
From: Clark Savage Turner <csturner@kcbx.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 08:45:25 -0800
As I grow older my ability to differentiate signal from noise is changing in different frequency bands. Though it takes more concentration, I find now (I turned 50 last year) that I often listen below 500 Hz whenever I can. I can use the 600 Hz offset OK, but it doesn't work well for me if the signal is weak and next to the noise.

In fact, I find that during long CW QSO's, I like to have the RIT engaged so that I can vary the tone I listen to, it seems to keep my concentration up. I don't go above 600 Hz very much, just occasionally for a change. It is just plain hard on my ears :-)

Clark
WA3JPG