[Orion] Orion operator's manual update

To: orion@contesting.com, tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [Orion] Orion operator's manual update
From: "Ten-Tec Inc. Amateur Radio Sales" <sales@tentec.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 11:49:48 -0500
Hello friends:

It's time to do an update for the Orion operator's manual. Since I wrote the second
version in September 2003, much has changed on the transceiver. I will be updating
the manual to harmonize it with version 1.372 of the firmware.

I have set up an email address to take suggestions for additions or revisions to the
manual. It is

565manual@tentec.com

Notes that are of the nature: "You added X in the firmware, and it's not in the manual"
don't need to be sent - I have all of that information :-). What I am looking for are
suggestions for clarification of points made in the manual or additions on how to use the
radio for specific operations.

Please note I have set this up as a one-way email address and do not intend to reply
to any messages sent to that email adr. If you want to converse with me about the
manual, the best thing to do is send in a suggestion to the 565 manual email
address and then contact me directly via sales@tentec.com or *even better* call
me through the front office at (865) 453-7172. The phone being a much more
efficient tool for discussion than email....but please, send the request in writing - that
way I can print it all out rather than having to take a note from a phone call.

I plan to have the manual revision up to 1.372 completed and posted to the
www.tentec.com website by March 1.

Thanks
Scott Robbins
W4PA

Ten-Tec, Inc., 1185 Dolly Parton Pkwy, Sevierville, TN 37862 USA
Contact Mon-Fri Eastern: Office/Tech (865) 453-7172 9 am-5 pm.
Repair (865) 428-0364 8-4. Sales (800) 833-7373 9 am-5:30 pm.
Fax (865) 428-4483 24 hrs. Visit us at <http://www.tentec.com>
Email: New product sales/product info sales@tentec.com
Service department service@tentec.com
While we make every effort to answer email in an expedient manner,
the telephone is a much more efficient tool for getting a quicker and
more complete answer to your inquiries. Thanks!