[TenTec] Delta II and Signalink SL-1+

To: "tentec@contesting.com" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Delta II and Signalink SL-1+
From: Jerry Schantz <jschantz@franklinisp.net>
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2005 13:19:08 -0500
Hello Group,
Trying to get my Delta II set up with a SL-1+ , using the accessory jack. Can not seem to get it to work correctly without over driving the radio.
Lowering the level out of the sound card doesn't do much except "killing " the keying on the SL-1. It's keyed with a tone level from the sound card. Have also tried a divider between the interface and radio, thinking a 100 :1 would work but no luck. Always seems to go into ALC unless the mic gain is almost reduced to 0. Think I just need more reduction of level going into the radio but am sort of frustrated at this point. Am just not finding the right combo.
The goal is to be able to use the mic, OR the sound card interface with out changing mic gain , or other settings.
Has anyone been here and found the magic combination ??
Tnx

Jerry W9JJS