Re: [TenTec] Omni V N4PY CPU Upgrade

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni V N4PY CPU Upgrade
From: "Carl Moreschi" <n4py@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2005 15:07:59 -0500
I still offer Omni V chips.  Send me an email for the doc file explaining
the mod.

The best chip to get is the Motorola
MC68HC705C8ACP.  This chip is available from Newark
Electronics at www.newark.com .  A single chip sells for
about $9.00 plus a $5.00 handling fee.  I have gone ahead
and ordered several of these chips to make things easier
for people wanting to do the modification.  I will program
a chip and mail it to you for $20 including all shipping
and handling charges.  A personal check or even Paypal
is fine for this.  I do not wait for the check to clear.
For PayPal, use "Send Money" and send $20 to my email
address of n4py@earthlink.net.

If you are not interested in the serial port changes,
or CW spotting tone, you can just install the chip
with no hardware modifications.  The only thing you
would then have to do is relabel the numeric keys on
the front of the Omni V.

My address is:

Carl Moreschi
173 Cody's Way