Re: [TenTec] Argo V firmware? (was Jupiter)

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Argo V firmware? (was Jupiter)
From: Jim Lowman <jmlowman@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 14:57:49 -0800
Having read about the hardware mods and version 1.08 of the firmware, I called T-T last week
since I'm interested in buying an Argo V. I was told that the units currently shipping would have
version 1.08 of the firmware.

73 de Jim - AD6CW

Rick Williams wrote:

Sorry Scott but I can't resist.

Similar to the Jupiter reference, stories have suggested that the Argo V
firmware was complete and no updates were planned.  However, rumours of the
existence of new (unposted version 1.08) firmware have been circulating for
more than a year.  Rigs sent into the factory for warranty work are now
commonly coming back with firmware 1.08 and hardware modifications.  Yet the
only version available on-line is the June 2003 version 1.07.  It has also
come to my attention that the factory is taking a list of users wishing to
send their Argo V rigs in for hardware modification and installation of the
1.08 firmware.

I am aware that use of 1.08 requires hardware changes.  Some of us have done
the hardware changes but still don't have access to the firmware.  More than
a month ago it was suggested that 1.08 would be posted in a few days along
with instructions on the hardware change.  On January 2nd a posting on
another list indicated that the 1.08 information would be posted when
everybody was back from the holidays and has had a chance to proof the
instructions. (I assume that the holidays referred to were Christmas 2004
and New Year 2005.)

Can you provide any additional insight into the release date of the latest
firmware for the Argo V?

Thanks!

73,

Rick VE7TK