RE: [TenTec] Delta Question

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [TenTec] Delta Question
From: "Paul - W8KC" <w8kc@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 21:47:54 -0500
Well for starters, there was never a Ten*Tec called a Delta 1!  Kind of like
there never was a Corsair 1.

For finishers, those radios only share the name "Delta."  Aside from that,
they are pretty much completely different in every other aspect including a
PTO in the Delta and a synthesizer in the Delta II.  Same overall form
factor though.

Both were acceptable performers.  The early Delta 580s were infamous for a
mechanical instability in the PTO which was easily corrected with the
addition of an aluminum L bracket.  The Delta II was infamous for the
impossible to find, replacement luminescent panel.  I've heard it is now
available through a third-party.

I always pined for a Delta II or its QRP sibling the Argonaut II, but never
found either at a price I was willing to pay.

73 =paul= W8KC