Re: [TenTec] TT (Orion) Future improvements!!!

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] TT (Orion) Future improvements!!!
From: "Bernard(wtrone)" <wtrone@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2005 17:21:35 -0600
    Tommy:

        Just my personal opinion, but I think that TenTec made an error in
not paying more attention to customer wants/ desires/ likes in terms of a
color display and a better looking cabinet.

        I asked Scott, at the Huntsville Hamfest, a couple of years ago
about the color display.  His comment was that it was a cost driven issue.
Personally, I would have paid extra for a color display and a few more color
driven options.  But, that was TenTec's decision and it is hard to fault
them.

        I selected the Orion because of its receiver specifications.  I have
not regretted that decision.  The new Icom does not exceed the Orion specs
and the new Yaesu specs are still undetermined.

        The Orion design is probably somewhere between 3-4 years old (from
initial design).  No doubt that the processors could be replaced with much
higher speed units.  I would not be surprised to see this in the future.  I
have also heard rumors of a color display.  Will these occur?  Well, only
TenTec knows for sure.  If these occur, I hope that I can upgrade my Orion!

        In the mean time, I will enjoy my Orion and not worry about the Icom
and Yaesu rigs.

        Just one man's opinion.

            73s,

            Bernard, WA4OEJ