Re: [TenTec] Argonaut 505 value?

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Argonaut 505 value?
From: Clark Savage Turner <csturner@kcbx.net>
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2005 17:59:44 -0800
Hi Jeff -

Heck, I bought one of these way back when, took it "backpack mobile" up
into the Delaware Water Gap, too.  Those were the days (not necessarily
better, but I sure was younger!)

The 505 has a caveat - there are some parts that are no longer
available from Ten Tec (like for the Herc I amp, I think it is the
final transistors).  The SWR meter sensitivity is set from the rear of
the rig as I recall.  It was quite a cool little radio in its day, and
may have collector value.  I know I've seen them come and go in the
under $200 range when I was paying attention.

Clark
WA3JPG