Re: [TenTec] mystery Ten-Tec Omni

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] mystery Ten-Tec Omni
From: Clark Savage Turner <csturner@kcbx.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 20:05:49 -0800
I've seen a lot of hams unaware of the problem Mike points out.  Tune a
receiver around your transmitted signal, you'll see that you've got a
serious spur out of band, but close enough that your antenna will
radiate it.  Not good :-)  I never took any of my older OMNI's to 17
for that reason.  (One pink ticket when I was a novice in 1968 is
enough for me.)

Clark
WA3JPG