Re: [TenTec] TTBroadband Terminated V Antenna

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] TTBroadband Terminated V Antenna
From: "Stuart Rohre" <rohre@arlut.utexas.edu>
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2005 19:22:54 -0600
David,
Having built my own Vee beams mounted a bit lower than the Ten Tec, as well
as three mounted as high as the Ten Tec, I can state they will mainly be DX
antennas, not for working in state or nearby states.  But, if DX is your
main interest they are good multiband antennas for that.   The sloping types
are useable in different directions if you use tent stakes to anchor the low
ends, and move them as you work out the original direction, and want to
check propagation in other directions.   At the apex and feedpoint, you
could mount the feed atop a rotating guy ring bearing to ease the steering
of the wire legs to new directions.  Bring the feeder off at an angle to the
pole to avoid problems with it wrapping upon the support pole.

GL---you might want to make one first from cheaper hook up wire, and use it
awhile before investing that REAL money to buy a commercial one.  You can
just put up a twin leg unterminated one, and try that.   You will hear twice
as much stuff if your back wave is in any useful direction, but since the
angle is elevated for the back wave of the unterminated vee, it will not be
skipping in as close as the first hop of the front wave.

73,
Stuart
K5KVH